Come visit me at Girly Bitz. It's my other interweb hangout.

Doing my best

So, I'm doing the 21 Day Fix program from Beachbody.  I'm just starting my second week and I've realized there are certain moves I just cannot do...yet.  Planks are very difficult for me, but I can usually power through them for a bit.  Side planks are impossible for me right now. I just don't have the balance yet.  I also struggle with burpees and mountain climbers, as most people do. 

Instead of giving up, I'm taking the advice of a friend who says "do your best and forget the rest" (Truitt, 2017).  Sorry.  My grad student brain took over for a second there and I could not stop myself from citing the source. 

Anyway, after a complete meltdown over my lack of ability to do the above exercises, I decided to listen to my wise friend.  I'm doing my best and forgetting the rest.  I will get stronger.  I will get better.  I will be able to do a side plank, even if it kills me.  But it won't.  Will it?  I might have to google this. 

Do you have exercise related meltdowns?  What brings them on and how do you get over them and get back on the horse, so to speak?

No comments:

Post a Comment