Come visit me at Girly Bitz. It's my other interweb hangout.

Weigh in.



I'm at 192.6. Ugh. Up 3 pounds from last week.
I've gained a total of 4.4 pounds since 11/30/10.

I am really struggling.

The holidays can definitely be blamed for some of this. In the spirit of Christmas, I always bake for my friends, family and coworkers. For the past two weeks, I have been baking cookies, brownies, cupcakes, cakes and other various unhealthy foods.

Over the weekend, we hosted a Christmas party for MB's firehouse shift and a family dinner. There was a lot of food in our house and still is. Our fridge is packed full of meatballs, crab dip, mashed potatoes, baked pineapple and lunch meats.

MB and I both have a similar problem. When there is food in the house, we eat it. It's like a sickness. He's been scarfing down Creme de Menthe Brownies. I've been scarfing down everything else.

It's awful.

Today, I ate a total of 5 cupcakes. Five. Why? Well, it's simple.
They were there.

I packed up most of the cupcakes the day before and took them to work. One box holds 12 cupcakes and I packed up two boxes full - one for both of my work sites. Unfortunately, there were 5 cupcakes that didn't fit into either box.

So, there they were. Calling to me. And I ate every single one of those bastards today.

I seriously have a problem. It was 5 cupcakes today. It was 7 caramels yesterday. It was 2 slices of carrot cake the night before.

I just can't stop myself.

After that diet debauchery with the cupcakes, I decided to purge everything from my counter. My coworkers received a tray full of fudge, blondies, chocolate chip cookies and caramels today.

The only sweets left in my house right now are the sugar free pudding cups in my fridge. I refuse to bake a single cookie, cupcake, cake or brownie again for a very long time.

Obviously, I just can't be trusted.

MB is also feeling the 'ugh' of his diet debauchery. He handed me the box of Creme de Menthe Brownies and told me to take them away.

We probably need therapy.

We definitely need to get back on track. We both feel gross and fat and disgusting.

So, the BLitz is back on. I'm planning meals for the week and will be staying on track. I will also be walking at least three days this week for at least 1 mile each time. I also hope to do some yoga, but I'm not going to stress if I don't. I'm working night shift all week, even the weekend.

My big obstacles to overcome:
-Christmas Eve dinner at my cousin's house.
-Christmas morning breakfast with MB at the firehouse.
-The Birthday Bar Crawl we are planning on the 28th. That's next week's obstacle
though. I'll worry about it then. :)

Does anyone else have a problem with the binging? How do you control yourself? Seriously, I need help!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had an answer, but unfortunately I've been dealing with the same issues. Honestly I really believe it's just this time of year that's wrecking havoc on everyone. My husband is going through it too. He's sworn to me that come January 1st, he'll start dieting with me. We shall see. :)

    ReplyDelete