Come visit me at Girly Bitz. It's my other interweb hangout.

Share a Spoon: Oreo Balls (teeheehee)

I have really been slacking on my tracking for the past two days. Honestly, I can't even remember what I ate on Wednesday. Fail.
Today (Thursday), there was a very unfortunate TOM induced Taco Bell incident which I won't go into in any detail. Let's just move on, shall we?
Mmmkay.
So, my points for today were all used up and my weekly points remain intact. I didn't eat anything really nutritional and I didn't exercise, unless you count going up and down the stairs to check on the pup during her play date with a much younger husky. I totally count that, by the way.



Anyway, I'm really here to participate in Share a Spoon. This is Think Tank Momma's weekly thing and I love it. Especially this week, because it's dessert. Dessert is what I live for. You should go here to check it out.
Have I mentioned my cupcake addiction? Yeah. It's a real thing.
Don't judge me.
I have tons of dessert recipes, but this one is a favorite. It's so easy to make and it's a Fat Club recipe, so that's a win. It satisfies my candy craving along with my ice cream craving. I suffer from both pretty much 24/7.
I hope you like it. I can't wait to check out all the other dessert recipes this week.

Oreo Balls
(only slightly as dirty as it sounds)
1 8oz package fat free cream cheese
4 cups crushed Oreos (1 lb 12 oz pkg)
2 cups chocolate baking chips
1 tbsp shortening (optional)
Beat the cream cheese on high until light and fluffy. Add the cookies and beat until well combined. Refrigerate for 2 hours until chilled enough to roll. Roll into 1 inch balls.
Over a double broiler, melt the chips and shortening until smooth. Dip balls into the mixture and thoroughly coat. Place on wax paper to harden. Store in the refrigerator.
If you are counting points, these are 2 points each.

I may actually make these tonight because I'm craving them now.
I also want to try that luscious berry cobbler that Think Tank Momma shared. Mmmm.

1 comment:

  1. OH....My boys are going to be so excited about these. Anything Oreo and they are ALL OVER IT!

    Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete