Come visit me at Girly Bitz. It's my other interweb hangout.

Eats for Friday 9/3

I just realized that my last post was supposed to say Eats for Thursday 9/2. For a minute there I was thinking I was behind a couple days. Turns out I'm just not a good editor. Oops.

So, I was a big ball of stress on Friday. It's almost like I'm TOMing or something but I'm not. The biggest stress has been money stuff. MB and I have been super stressed trying to make ends meet and we still feel like we are getting nowhere. Things will definitely work out, but the muddling through is taking it's toll on us.

I was paying bills and clipping coupons with a clenched jaw, eff this and eff that flying out of my mouth and on the verge of tears. Not pretty. So, I took off with the pup and hit the trails. A little fresh air and exercise was just what I needed. My little brain was still trying to work those stress thoughts into my head as we hiked, but I just let them all go and enjoyed the hike. It's a much better way to cope than shoveling cupcakes into your mouth.

Although, I will admit that I got suckered into buying dry roasted peanuts at the grocery store. And by 'suckered', I mean that they were 2 for $5 and I wanted peanuts, so peanuts ended up in my cart.
Shameful, I know. But they are so delicious.

Moving on...here are my eats for Friday:

Daily points allowance: 25
Weekly points remaining: 35

Breakfast/Lunch:
2 eggs, 4 pts - 21
1 piece scrapple, 3 pts - 18
1 cup home fried potatoes, 5 pts - 13
unsweetened iced tea, 0 pts - 13

Dinner:
Leftover chicken chorizo etouffee with white rice, 10 pts - 3
unsweetened iced tea, 0 pts - 3
chips and queso, 5 pts - 0/33

Snack:
dry roasted peanuts, 8 pts - 0/25
unsweetened iced tea, 0 pts - 0/25

Total points used: 27
Weekly points remaining: 25
Fruit/veggie servings: 0
Water intake: 4
Exercise: 45 minute hike at moderate intensity

Thought for the day:
Dry roasted peanuts are the devil. Anyone want to buy an unopened jar just to save me from myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment