Come visit me at Girly Bitz. It's my other interweb hangout.

Eats for Thursday 11/18

I got a pedometer. Yay!

It's nothing fancy, but it was free. It was one of the rewards available through our credit card points. We figured it would come in handy on our runs.
Did I mention that it was free?

I tried it out today while doing Burn it Up.
According to my little pedometer, I took 566 steps during my workout.

Not too shabby, considering they were all taken in the space between my recliner and my tv stand.

I also traveled a distance of 0.21 miles.

Huh. Interesting.

I also burned a total of 24.4 calories.

Really?
24.4?
There is no way that can be right.
24.4?
I really feel like I burned at least 237 calories during the lunge portion alone.

Do you have a pedometer/calorie counter? What role does it play in your exercise routine? Do you think 24.4 is accurate?
Remember that I did like a hundred lunges.
Two hundred squats.
Just saying.

Daily points allowance: 24
Weekly points remaining: 24

Breakfast:
1/2 bagel with cream cheese, 5 pts - 19
1 unsweetened iced tea, 0 pts - 19

Snack:
1 Kashi bar, 1 pt - 18

Lunch:
1 ham and gouda sandwich on a kaiser roll with spicy brown mustard and
spinach, 7 pts - 11
1 cup salad greens with bacos and light french dressing, 2 pts - 9
1 serving honey wheat pretzels, 2 pts - 7
32 oz water with crystal light, 0 pts

Snack:
popcorn, 2 pts - 5
unsweetened iced tea, 0 pts - 5

Exercise:
1 hour total with 45 minutes Burn it Up and 15 minutes yoga, +3 pts - 8

Dinner:
1 cup homeade beef stew, 5 pts - 0
canned peaches in light syrup, 2 pts - 6
unsweetened iced tea, 0 pts - 6

Snack:
hot chocolate, 2 pts - 4

Total points used: 20
Total points earned: 3
Weekly points remaining: 24
Fruits/veggies: 2
Water: 6

Thought for the day:
I just burned 327 calories typing this post. Maybe I need a new pedometer.

1 comment:

  1. I don't use a pedometer. I think they are less than accurate so I never took the time to buy one. My grandmother wears one all the time, however. She loves it.

    ReplyDelete