Come visit me at Girly Bitz. It's my other interweb hangout.

Updated eats

Sorry I haven't been checking in daily. MB and I went out of town this weekend for a wedding. I took Alfreda (my laptop), but didn't really have time to do a lot with her.

We spent the weekend in Pennsylvania. Considering the fact that we didn't plan a single meal or prepare a single meal, I think we did pretty well.

Friday, we hit the road right after I got off work. We snacked on some rice cakes while sitting in traffic. A lot of traffic. I was still hungry so I ate an apple that may or may not have had a worm in it.

Extra protein.

We stopped at Chick Fil A on the way up there. Then, we drank a lot of beer and snacked on some Honey Wheat pretzels while playing games until 4am.

Saturday, we found a little bistro and had Guiness onion soup. Yum. I also had an open faced crab melt with french fries and unsweetened iced tea.

After lunch, we decided to hit the local park and go for Day Six of C25K, especially after MB got some awesome running shoes for 1/2 off.

I have to tell you that I absolutely sucked. I was struggling right from the start. I couldn't catch my breath.
Usually I can push through that initial chest pain that hits me when I start running. That was not happening. I just couldn't push through it. I was stuck.
I know it was mental and I really tried to push myself and get past it, but I just couldn't.
We ended up walking most of the little trail, which was still good exercise.
I felt like a failure so I hit the hotel gym and did 10 minutes on the elliptical.
When my heart rate got up to 170, MB told me to stop. He said I had enough.
I agreed.

For dinner on Saturday, we had soup - scallop bisque. It was the best soup I've ever had. Sooo good.
That was followed by a salad with walnuts and some sort of vinagrette. The entree was sauteed skate wing over a pomme puree with cauliflower and artichoke hearts.
It was...meh.
The chocolate cake covered with a chocolate ganache more than made up for the meh meal.
Best cake ever.
I could've just had the soup and the cake and died a happy woman.

Seriously.

Sunday morning I ate scrambled eggs with salsa, bacon and home fries.

The wedding was Sunday afternoon. We had rice pilaf, asparagus, roasted potatoes and carved turkey breast with a light gravy.
And of course, wedding cake.
And a few beers. Really only two.
MB had quite a bit of Scotch, but neither of us got super drunk.

Today, MB and I had to eat out because we had nothing prepped in the fridge. We found a little take out Indian place. I got the chicken curry special and two vegetable samosas. There was enough to split it and have lunch and dinner.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I don't really know what to expect. I would be okay with a gain, because we did spend the whole weekend on vacay.
I'm prepared for whatever the scale says.

See you tomorrow peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment