Come visit me at Girly Bitz. It's my other interweb hangout.

Weigh in and a new beginning.



Okay. So, I've been on a little unofficial hiatus from the BLitz. As you can see, it showed up on the scale. I've gained 2.4 pounds since last weigh in.

It was entirely unintentional, but it still happened. Due to various circumstances, I found myself falling further and further off track each week. Hell, each day.

I stopped posting my daily eats. I didn't move my fat ass. At all. I stopped preparing healthy meals. I ate out way too often. I gave up on portions and points and paying attention to what was going into my mouth.

I relapsed.

It does happen. It happens to all of us. This journey can take us on many paths. Some good. Some bad. Some in between. We have decisions to make along the way and we all hope that we make the right ones. Sometimes we make the wrong ones and they send us further down a path we don't want to be on.

The most important thing to remember throughout this journey is that we always have the chance to turn around and find the right path again. We are in control of this journey.

I am in control of my journey and I'm turning myself around. I've been down this particular path before. Many times. I've done the wrong things before. Many times. I know where the wrong path leads me.

It leads me to a dark place where I feel miserable about myself. I avoid socializing. I tug at my clothes constantly. I don't let MB touch me. I get disgusted every time I look in the mirror. I drown my sorrows and insecurities in ice cream and potato chips and all the bad foods that put me in the dark place to begin with.

So, how do I get out of the dark place?

Well, we all know the answer to that. I certainly do. I need to start planning and eating healthy meals. I need to track my eats. I need to count points and watch portions. I need to exercise.

I know it works.

So, am I ready to do it? Yes. Have I said it before? Yes. Am I sure I'm not going to relapse again? No. I'm not sure. The potential for straying off the right path is always there. But, is that going to keep me from trying? No.

I'm going to keep plugging away until it becomes second nature again. I'm going to keep doing it every day until it sticks. I may have little failures and I'll deal with them as they happen. But, I'm determined to get back on the right path and stay there.

I'm getting ready to go to the farmer's market and the grocery store. I'm stocking my new fridge (yes, we finally got that situation resolved) with all the right foods.

I apologize for being less than supportive to all of you, my fat fighting peeps. Along with my own slacking, I've been slacking on that part of the journey also. I've failed to check in with all of you. I've failed to stop by and check in on your journeys. I've failed to return the support you've all shown me. For that, I am sorry.

The BLitz is back on. Day one (repeated) is tomorrow. See you then.

1 comment:

  1. I think I may have bumped into you a few times on that bumpy path. I can relate so well...
    but look at us. WE DON'T QUIT!
    And we'll reach our destinations on this journey, as long as we keep putting one foot in front of the other. And of course doing all the things you mentioned... planning meals, healthy shopping, tracking, etc.

    ReplyDelete