Come visit me at Girly Bitz. It's my other interweb hangout.

Eats for Thursday 7/8/11

My goal for yesterday was to do all segments of Ramp it Up from Slim in 6. Unfortunately I was unable to meet that goal because I didn't have time before work. After making lunch for us and doing some other things around the house, I was cutting it too close to do the whole routine. I didn't just slack off, though. I was able to do 30 minutes of the routine and I'm proud of that.

I have to share this recipe with you guys. It was so yummy! And super easy. I had never worked with tomatillos before so it was kind of a learning experience for me. The original recipe calls for no meat, but I added chicken. Just because I wanted chicken. MB and I both agree that it would be amazing with crab.

Cheese Enchiladas with Tomatillo Sauce

Cabbage salad ingredients:
2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
4 large radishes, halved and sliced
1 tbsp each chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp kosher salt
freshly ground pepper

Tomatillo sauce ingredients:
1 lb tomatillos, husks and stems removed, washed
1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp each minced garlic and lime juice
1/2 tsp each dried Mexican oregano and kosher salt

Enchilada ingredients:
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped red onion
8 corn tortillas

1. Cabbage Salad: Toss all salad ingredients in a medium bowl and refrigerate.

2. Tomatillo sauce: Heat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place tomatillos on sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a blender with remaining sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees.

3. Enchiladas: In a bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups cheese and the onions. Lay tortillas on a flat surface. Place a heaping 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each tortilla. Roll up, burrito style and lay enchiladas in a row in an 8 inch square baking pan. Pour tomatillo sauce over enchiladas and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

4. Drain any liquid from the cabbage salad. Serve with the enchiladas and enjoy.

..................................................................................

DPA: 25
WP remaining: 34
*old WW, not the new stuff.

Breakfast:
1 cup Great Grains cereal, 3 pts - 22
8 oz fat free milk, 2 pts - 20
1 nectarine, 1 pt - 19

Lunch:
1 serving chicken and cheese enchiladas with tomatillo sauce, 4 pts - 15
cabbage salad with cilantro lime dressing, 0 pts - 14
unsweetened iced tea, 0 pts - 14

Exercise:
Slim in 6, 30 minutes - +2 pts - 16

Dinner:
1 serving chicken and cheese enchiladas with tomatillo sauce, 4 pts - 12
cabbage salad, 0 pts - 12
unsweetened iced tea, 0 pts - 12
1 caramel pudding, 2 pts - 10

Snack:
1 donut, 5 pts - 5

Weekly points remaining: 34

No comments:

Post a Comment